Thursday, June 7, 2012

Faces for Charity 2012

And so, me and my wife decided to take part on this year's Faces for Charity which was started by Red Bull Racing and Wings for Life team. The goal of the charity is to raise funds for spinal cord injury research. With a minimum donation of 15 euros, you will be able to upload a photo which will be added to Sebastian Vettel's and Mark Webber's race car during the 2012 Silverstone GP. For each donation, Red Bull Racing will match every donation made.

Here are videos of Vettel and Webber appealing to everyone to join this initiative: Sebastian Vettel Mark Webber

This initiative was last done during Silverstone 2007 Grand Prix. During that time, it was David Coulthard and Mark Webber driving for the Red Bull Racing team. Vettel has not driven his first F1 race yet. Here are pictures of the drivers' cars back then. (Photos courtesy of f1fatatic.co.uk)

Coulthard's:


Webber's:


Of course I do not expect to see our faces in the race car. After all, there will be thousands of faces who are joining this good cause. If I can buy an F1 model cars for my collection, then definitely I should be able to contribute to this charity event.

There is still a lot of time to make a donation. Please go to the Faces for Charity home page and upload your photo and make a difference! Faces for Charity 2012

Picture of me and my wife uploaded to the site :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks fun. And exciting too. Good luck with the charity event you are hosting.
    Charity Ft. Lauderdale

    ReplyDelete