Saturday, May 26, 2012

schumacher on provisional pole for 2012 Monaco GP

BBR 1:43 2006 Ferrari 248 F1 Italy GP Michael Schumacher


Told myself that I will post a model from my collection whoever has pole position after the Monaco qualifying round. That is if I have a model of that driver. My guess was either Kimi or Lewis. I never thought it would be Michael Schumacher who will be on pole position! Because of the incident with Senna last race, Michael incurred a 5 place grid penalty. That means he will be starting from 6th position at the start of the Monaco Grand Prix. Nonetheless, it was a great drive for Schumi and a well deserved 1st pole position since his comeback with the silver arrows.

Although I must admit I am not a big fan of Schumacher. As a proof, I only have 1 F1 model which is from his last year with Ferrari. The model is BBR 1:43 248 F1 (BG316) driven by Michael Schumacher during the 2006 Italian GP. Michael won this race but did not start from pole. (2nd in the grid)




Although I would like to have more of Schumacher's model, I have not been able to find one at a reasonable price yet. Still looking for BBR EX21 which is a special edition 1:43 model of Schumacher's last win with Ferrari during the 2006 Chinese GP. Tips anyone where I can get one?

Here are some other views of the model. Again apologies for the quality of the pictures. I did not plan on having highly detailed pictures of my collection. I am just fond of taking a few pictures so I can appreciate my collection further. :)


Since I am a Ferrari fan as well, I decided to collect 1:43 BBR models from 2006 onward. Trying to have at least 1 model per year from any race won by Ferrari from any GP. Won't complain if I can buy more than one. (Although I am sure my wife will!) Also, I do not plan to have models of both drivers in the same year. I am only buying the car model of whoever is the #1 driver for Ferrari for a specific year. In the case for 2006 F1 season, it was Michael.






Schumacher's last pole position before retiring was during the 2006 French GP (July 15, 2006). In total, he has 68 career pole positions. This being his 69th. Though I wonder if this will count as he will lose the pole position due to a penalty. I guess we need to wait how many more he can achieve before retiring again. For sure we haven't seen the last of him yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment